Sheffield Volunteer Centre is part of Voluntary Action Sheffield. The Volunteer Centre provides a range of information and support for people who want to get involved in volunteering, as well as organisations which need to recruit volunteers.
The Volunteer Centre offers the following services:
- Help to individuals to find volunteering opportunities that suit them, running a drop-in session three days a week
- Help to organisations on how to positively involve volunteers
- Specialist training on good practice in volunteer management
- A quarterly volunteer co-ordinator forum, to share and develop good practice and discuss new developments in volunteering
- A database of opportunities available across Sheffield, along with access to the national volunteering website, www.do-it.org.uk
- Additional support to refugees and asylum seekers through our New Beginnings Project
- Promote and advocate for volunteering in Sheffield.
VAS also manages a dedicated Outreach project in the Manor Castle and Arbourthorne areas of the city - find out more.
- Nuts & Bolts - A Guide to Involving Volunteers
A helpful step-by-step guide which includes a checklist and workbook to make sure you’ve thought everything through and have all you need in place to support and embrace volunteers into your organisation.
- Writing a Volunteer Policy
- Managing Volunteers
A wide range of support and advice around effective management of volunteers.
- Volunteer for VAS