Want to help make Sheffield even better for all?
Join VAS today
At VAS we play a key role in galvanising social action by enabling, brokering, connecting and representing the diversity of communities across Sheffield.
We believe we’re better together
- VAS works with, and supports, 1000 groups each year.
- VAS keeps the voluntary and community sector thriving and drives quality and sustainability via our professional services.
- VAS helps 1600 people (including over 130 refugees and asylum seekers) every year to find volunteering opportunities – providing key support for over 230 local organisations.
- VAS has a direct voice at City and City Region level including the Sheffield Partnership Board and regularly negotiates with local and national decision-makers
- VAS heard and represented views from 3670 individuals on their health and/or social care experiences (2016).
Why become a VAS member?
- Do you share our vision of developing and growing voluntary and community action to improve lives and support communities in Sheffield?
- Do you believe in promoting social justice, diversity and empowering and enabling others?
- Do you want to ensure individuals and local communities can voice, influence and shape their own lives and environment?
- Do you believe in working collectively to have a more powerful voice?
If yes – then pledge your support to these core principles that VAS stands for and works for, by signing up to be part of VAS today.
Membership is free and open to voluntary and community organisations including social enterprises.
It’s quick and easy to join. Complete the short application form and submit it with your constitution/governing document to VAS.