Why nominate FAQ’s
Why should I nominate, I don’t have time!
There are so many reasons to nominate:
- To raise your profile, celebrate your achievements and showcase what you have done;
- Have priority access to tickets for the prestigious celebration event on 22 November for staff and volunteers
- Following on from the awards lunch and networking for winners
- All shortlisted organisations will be filmed about the work you do – and have copies to use across your social media and website
- Let your staff and volunteers know how much you value and appreciate them
- To demonstrate results, impact and recognition to potential supporters and funders
The awards in others’ words:
- Well done-it was fantastic! I didn’t hear a single grumble from anyone.
- I went to the Palace of Westminster in July this year to received my BCAv (British Citizens awards (volunteer) and it was beautiful but this event beats it.
- it’s a fantastic chance for us to celebrate ourselves, and the young people were delighted to be there.
- A NOMADS worker said “VAS always run events really well-they’re always so precisely timed and smooth”
- well done VAS and about time the VCF sector was celebrated
- is this an annual event?
- venue is amazing – didn’t know this building was here in Sheffield
- Just a note to say what a fabulous evening it was last Thursday and how much it reminds us of all the organisations and people working so very hard to improve lives. It was superbly organised and very enlightening.
- We had a wonderful time at the awards - thanks so much.
- There were so many wonderful organisations here tonight, it’s so important to celebrate and thank all these wonderful people in our city who give so muich to our communities – it’s really inspiring. Well done and many thanks to all the team at VAS for organising it.
- It was a wonderful way to celebrate the incredible variety of organisations and groups in Sheffield.
- Thank you so much for inviting me to the Made A Difference Awards last Thursday evening. It was an amazing evening…. I felt very proud to have been part of VAS’ story and to have also been involved professionally over the years in some of the organisations who were receiving Awards …. The atmosphere was amazing and it was clear that everything about the evening down to the smallest details had been carefully thought about. I really appreciated being met by Efe and having the opportunity to find out about some of the innovative work you are currently doing – it made me feel really at home. The whole evening was a powerful reminder of the massive contribution made by the sector to our city and the energy and excitement of everyone there was overwhelming.
- I just wanted to say thank you to all of you for such a fantastic event last night. The quality of the experience for everyone and the tone of the whole evening was a wonderful way to say thank you to all the volunteers and to underline how much their work is valued. I was very proud on behalf of SYHA to be part of an evening that was so inspiring. It was a healthy and heartening reminder, in this age of political turmoil and uncertainty, of the amazing things that people in this city do every day to uphold our collective values. These events take an enormous amount of work to get right and the fact that you all made it look effortless was testament to how much had gone into it. Thank you and happy 90th birthday!
- it was a pleasure to be involved and see so much good work in the city rewarded.
- SYCF were proud to sponsor the VAS Make a Difference Awards. It was a wonderful ceremony with many extraordinary organisations represented – they all deserved an award. We’d do it again, it was really worthwhile.