Civil Society Strategy published
13th August 2018
Government has published its strategy for a civil society, setting out how it will work with and for civil society in the long-term to create a country that works for everyone. It includes commitments to:
- Unlock £20 million from inactive charitable trusts
- Launch an ‘Innovation in Democracy’ pilot scheme to trial ways for people to take a more direct role in decisions that affect their local area.
- Fund a new independent organisation that will distribute £90 million from dormant bank accounts to get disadvantaged young people into employment.
- Fund a new independent organisation to use £55 million from dormant accounts to tackle financial exclusion and the problem of access to affordable credit.
- Support charities to make their voices heard on issues that matter to them.
- launch of a major new Leadership Group with senior figures from the business, investment and social sectors, to put social and environmental responsibility at the heart of company decisions
You can find the exec summary and the full document here.