Want to involve Volunteers?
Advertise your roles
Are you a community group, charity, non-profit or public sector organisation? Register your voluntary roles with us for free.
Before advertising a role, it’s good to think about why you’re involving volunteers, what you want to achieve and how to do it in a way that benefits your organisation, staff and volunteers.
See our Nuts & Bolts guide to developing roles.
Some tips: Example role descriptions and guide to writing inspiring roles
How we advertise your volunteer roles
- Online – Volunteer Connect is our volunteering search system
- Drop-in service – delivered by Volunteer Centre Advisors
- Monthly Bulletin – listing the latest volunteer roles, monthly circulation around 2000, also available to download from our website
We review your advert and offer support to make it clear, attractive and appropriate for volunteers. Trustee roles can also be advertised here.
Minimum quality standards
To be eligible to register, your organisation will ensure that volunteers will be:
- welcomed whatever background they come from
- properly insured
- adequately trained
- supported and supervised
- not used to replace paid staff
- reimbursed out of pocket expenses e.g. travel (if you have paid staff)
Sheffield Volunteer Standard
The Sheffield Volunteer Standard is a locally developed quality mark giving independent recognition that you manage a structured volunteering programme, where volunteers receive a high quality, positive volunteering experience.
To apply, please contact Roo on 0114 253 6630 | email@example.com