Personalisation, and the introduction of self-directed support, has meant changes for third sector service providers including:
- thinking differently about service provision and support available locally, how it is delivered, and what difference it makes to people's lives
- ensuring that all staff training and development is informed by the principles of personalisation
- financial management and costing services differently
- building relationships and marketing to people using the service, as well as with commissioners, local authority care managers and the wider community
- developing a ‘Personalisation Statement' that staff and service users are informed of, and using this to evaluate current delivery and identify areas for improvement
- thinking innovatively, and making continuous improvements in partnership with people using the service, and their carers.
VAS runs events and training on personalisation related themes - find relevant forthcoming courses.
Sheffield City Council - Adult Social Care
Useful information and tools around self directed support.
Information on latest developments around personalisation.