A strong membership allows us to effectively represent the sector’s views, and helps us to influence strategic policies and decisions.
Members elect the Board of Trustees each year at our Annual General Meeting.
- Regular updates and monthly e-bulletins
- Access to helpful resources and template documents
- Specialist advice and support from experienced and qualified staff
- Invitations to members’ only events and consultations
- Access to our network of member organisations
- Voting rights at our Annual General Meeting.
Who can join?
Membership is free, and open to both individuals and organisations.
How to join
Complete an application form (see below) and return by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or post to:
Chief Executive, VAS
33 Rockingham Lane
Sheffield, S1 4FW
Applications will be considered by VAS Trustees. We endeavour to respond to all applications within 30 days (however this may not always be possible) and we will contact you to confirm the outcome of your application.
NB. Certain restrictions apply to our membership.
Email email@example.com or call 0114 253 6600.
Membership application guidelines
An organisation applying for membership of VAS must be able to demonstrate that:
- it is a voluntary organisation (i.e. that its affairs are managed by and/or are ultimately accountable to a group of people for no pecuniary advantage);
- its aims and objectives are broadly charitable to the exclusion of private gain;
- it is conducted for the benefit of the public and is active in the community;
- its activities benefit people in or around Sheffield;
- it is committed to supporting the principle of equal opportunity and respect for diversity, consistent with VAS's Equal Opportunities Policy and Diversity Policy
- if linked to particular religious group, church or faith community, its community activities are not primarily intended to propagate a particular religion or faith.